SEA Film Stories: Food, Identity, Healing, & Resilience
Hosted by Southeast Asians RISE
🌿What is Southeast Asians RISE?
Southeast Asians RISE is a film fellowship program for Southeast Asian youth in Oakland exploring identity and leadership development through the lenses of intergenerational trauma, healing, and resilience. We believe in shifting perspectives and cultivating spaces of resistance through storytelling and media.
To celebrate the end of our 10 weeks together, we’re inviting the community to a FREE evening filled with a premiere of youth-directed and produced short films, rich discussions, and delicious Southeast Asian foods to honor the SEAs RISE fellows and learn about their work this fall!
🎥 More about storytelling & advocacy through film
Through the art of digital film and video production, the fellows:
• Explored personal/community identity-building and storytelling
• Engaged with instruction in filmmaking to document sociopolitical issues
• Dove into the production process
• Met and connected with SEA filmmakers and community members
• Collaborated with youth from across Oakland!